SCOIL NA CORÓINE MHUIRE, ASHFORD
Our Behaviour Guidelines – Pupils’ Responsibilities
For my own safety and that of others-
• I should be careful coming to and going from school.
• I should always walk in the school corridors & on school steps.
• I should remain seated in class when requested.
• I should always show respect for my fellow pupils and staff members.
• I should bring a note of explanation following absences.
• I should never leave the school grounds during school times without permission.
School Rules: Caring for Myself
• I should respect my property and myself, always keeping my school bag, books and copies in
• I should be in school before the bell rings at 9.20a.m.
• I should show respect for my school..
• I should always be aware of my personal cleanliness.
• I should bring a sensible, nutritional lunch to school. (Fizzy minerals, crisps and chewing gum
are not permitted.)
• I should always do my best in school by listening carefully, working as hard as I can and by
completing my homework to the best of my ability.
School Rules: Caring for Others
• I should be kind and respectful to staff, visitors and fellow pupils by being mannerly and
• I should behave well in class so that my fellow pupils and I can learn.
• I should always keep my school clean.
• I should show respect for the property of my fellow pupils, the school building and grounds.
• I should be truthful and honest at all times.
• I should never make nasty or hurtful remarks to my fellow pupils.
• I should always include other pupils in all our games and activities.
• I should apologise when I am in the wrong.
• Running, pushing, or shouting in the school buildings is not permitted.
• Fighting, bullying, jeering, name-calling, offensive language/gestures, back answering/cheek
etc. will not be tolerated.
• While in school each pupil is subject to the authority of each member of staff and respect
should be shown to them at all times.
• Pupils must have the required schoolbooks / equipment.
• While in class, the pupils must co-operate with the teacher at all times and comply with class
• Good behaviour is expected en route to and from school and while engaging in school related
• Pupils may not bring to school any article or item, which could be a source of moral or
physical danger to himself /herself or others.
• Mobile phones should be left at home, if possible. Otherwise they must be left in the office.
• Children will be collected from their lines after each break. In the mornings children from first
class up will be collected from the hall.